Duct replacement involves removing your home’s old, damaged, or poorly functioning ductwork and replacing it with new, properly sized and installed ducts. Here are some important things to know about duct replacement:
- Signs you may need duct replacement: Signs that your home may need duct replacement include uneven heating or cooling throughout the house, excessive dust and debris in the air, loud or noisy ducts, and higher-than-normal energy bills.
- The process: A licensed HVAC professional will typically start by inspecting your home’s existing ductwork to determine if replacement is necessary. If so, they will calculate the correct duct size and design, remove the old ducts, and install new ductwork. They may also install new air registers, grilles, and filters to improve airflow and indoor air quality.
- Materials: Duct replacement materials can vary, but common options include sheet metal, flexible ductwork, and fiberglass duct board. Your HVAC professional will recommend the best material for your home based on factors like energy efficiency, durability, and budget.
- Cost: The cost of duct replacement will depend on factors like the size of your home, the complexity of the installation, and the type of ductwork used. In general, duct replacement can range from a few thousand dollars to several thousand dollars, but it’s important to remember that investing in new ductwork can help reduce energy bills and improve indoor air quality over time.
- Benefits: Duct replacement can provide several benefits, including improved indoor air quality, more even heating and cooling throughout the house, and reduced energy bills. It can also help extend the lifespan of your HVAC system by reducing wear and tear caused by poorly functioning ducts.
Overall, if you suspect that your home’s ductwork is damaged or not functioning properly, it’s important to contact a licensed HVAC professional to perform an inspection and recommend any necessary repairs or replacements.
NEED SERVICE? PLEASE SEND US
A SERVICE REQUEST VIA THE LINK BELOW.